As promised, here are photos of Winnie's sweater. It's the first dog sweater I've made and it turned out pretty good considering that it was a custom made sweater! The link for the directions I used are down below in a previous post.
The a V-shape on the bottom of the sweater progressively gets wider for better motion and it prevents any wee-wee from getting on it when we take her out. On the next one I make I'm going make the V-shape start later though. Brennan thinks there should be more sweater on her belly and I think I agree.
Once we get it on her she doesn't mind it at all acts normally. Now I won't feel so bad when its freezing outside when we take her out! It doesn't get this cold that often in Florida, but since Winnie's older and may have a little arthritis I thought it would be a good idea to make her a sweater. Plus, it looks so cute (reason enough!).
Also, she likes to bury herself inside blankets when sleeping, so I'm sure this will keep her snugly while reducing the amount of blankets she commandeers and dirties up!
The yarn I used came from Brennan's great grandmother's stash that I acquired when we were clearing her room after she passed. It's acrylic and was already highly felted in the skeins. The label was very old and the price on it said something like 25 cents!
Elizabeth Ham, aka Bethintx1 on Youtube, has a video tutorial for this stained glass window square. I'm using this square in my big brown granny square blanket project.
I really like the way "stained glass" crochet looks.
Underneath the video is another square I made yesterday.
My yarn stash is a total mess right now and I'm rolling a whole bunch of tangled yarn into their own balls. I hate it when yarn that was already organized gets tangled over a period of time and then you have to organize it again. I'm not sure exactly where I'm gonna put it all yet though....lol.
I finished a sweater for Winnie a couple days ago! It's the first dog sweater I've made.
I used this pattern ------> http://adoginasweater.blogspot.com/2011/02/dog-sweater-tutorial.html
I finished a pink and purple infant shirt/dress with buttons embroidered in a design. I'll upload a picture tomorrow since my camera is out of power right now.
I've also started another with a slightly different design.
For Christmas I was working on custom slippers for my family members. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get them finished for Christmas, but I've finished a few pair and I'm working on some more.
I got the original pattern from Canadian Living Magazine, but I deviated from their pattern majorly, and eventually created about 3 new patterns from it.
I'll post pictures from what I made later.
I made lots of granny squares for a full-queen size blanket for our bed last summer but haven't gotten around to put them together or make more yet.
As promised, here's some pictures!
Here's the small child's sunhat with a flower. I'm going to make some more flowers and accessories to go with these hats.
I started this amigurumi "Horoscope Kitten" last Christmas to give to a friend but I never finished it. I just have to sew in the tails and add eyes and a mouth. I don't remember which horoscope this is, but I think it called for it to be holding an object which would be sewn to both paws.